Phoslab Testing Laboratories provides industries with emissions testing and analysis to document quality, stay in compliance with government regulations, measure environmental footprint, and avoid hefty fines. For nearly half a century, our team of Lakeland, Florida experts have delivered quick, accurate, and affordable environmental testing results. Contact our NELAC-certified lab for a free, no-obligation quote or continue reading to learn more about the emissions testing services we offer.
Emissions testing capabilities
Our emissions testing includes:
- Engine Exhaust Emission Testing – The emission test cycle allows for repeatable and comparable measurement of engine exhaust emissions. Test cycles allow specification of conditions that vary with operation.
- Evaporative Emission Testing – Evaporative Emission Control Systems are designed to prevent gasoline vapors from escaping out of the fuel tank and system into the air. Testing ensures the system’s proper function.
- Greenhouse Emissions Testing – We can measure emissions from vents, blow downs, pneumatically actuated valves, and other sites. Testing and monitoring services helps companies comply with US law.
- Stack Emissions Testing – A stack test measures the amount of pollutant emitted by a facility, which can then be compared to level limits dictated in the Clean Air Act. Stack testing consultants sample gas streams during normal operating conditions to determine the rate of pollutant emission, concentration, and parameter.
- Volatile Organic Compound Analysis – VOC testing identifies carbon compounds that participate in atmospheric photochemical reactions. Findings may include benzene, styrene, toluene, and vinyl chloride.
Regulations pertaining to emissions analysis
The Clean Air Act is the main regulation pertaining to emissions testing, as enforced by the Environmental Protection Agency. In this legislation, specific limits are listed for six air pollutants:
- Carbon Monoxide
- Nitrogen Dioxide
- Sulfur Dioxide
- Particulate Matter
- Photochemical Oxidants
In addition to the Clean Air Act, additional requirements for emissions standards are listed in the National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, New Source Performance Standards, and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, as well as specific mandates for state and local operating permits.
Why get an emissions test?
Complete testing with multiple samples will help manufacturing facilities know which steps to take to reduce emissions and avoid fines. We tailor emission sampling and analysis procedures to meet specific plant, product, and site conditions. Our environmental testing professionals help you establish whether emissions meet regulatory compliance, product specifications, or permit requirements.
- Continuous Monitoring Systems – In addition to initial certification tests, we can help you develop an ongoing quality assurance program that demonstrates continuous compliance.
- New Installation Assurances – Whether you’ve just installed a small package boiler or multiple combined-cycle combustion turbines, we give you peace of mind that your vendors have supplied you with equipment that yields top-of-the-line emission performance.
- Diagnostic Testing – Lab testing ensures the utmost in safety and quality for your facility, supporting the creation of process optimization and protecting you from litigation or reprimand.
Carbon emission test
To perform a carbon emission test on vehicles, we can perform:
- Gas Cap Pressure Checks – to see if the gas cap is properly functioning to keep vapors from escaping into the air.
- On-Board Diagnostics Tests – to check for emissions equipment malfunctions.
- Inspection and Maintenance Tests – to capture tailpipe emissions and exhaust system leaks.
- Single Idle Speed Tests – to analyze 1976-1980 model year vehicles for emissions control equipment function.
Why carbon emissions analysis is important
The carbon emissions test is not mandatory for motorists in the state of Florida, but Phoslab works with vehicle manufacturers and used car dealers to assess efficiency. About 17% of vehicles tested fail the initial vehicle emissions inspection. Repairs to these vehicles reduce emissions by more than 4,000 pounds a day, while guaranteeing performance and fuel economy. Carbon emissions analysis is an important part of controlling air quality by reducing hydrocarbons released by automobiles.
Choosing an emissions testing lab in Florida
There are many reasons to choose Phoslab as your emissions testing laboratory of choice. Consider these:
- Experience – We’ve served central Florida since 1976. That’s nearly half a century!
- Expertise – The Phoslab team of chemists, biologists, and geologists helps devise the best testing strategy.
- Quality – Our focus on quality is backed by a well-documented quality control assurance program.
- Services – We offer a wide range of environmental analysis and emissions testing to meet your needs.
- Certification – Our lab is certified by the National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program.
- Turnaround – Need results in 48-72 hours? No problem!
- Cost – We pride ourselves in offering reasonably priced service, without sacrificing accuracy and effectiveness.
Call today to speak with a Phoslab professional about your emissions testing needs.